AdSense is the most ranked and top first advertising network in the world. They published the shocking news for ad publishers. Yes they are stopping their official AdSense Pluggin for WordPress. Recently they send newsletter to all their publisher accounts. Here is the mail details for you.
In the coming months Adsense’ll be deprecating the official AdSense Plugin for WordPress.
What is happening?
The official AdSense Plugin for WordPress will be deprecated in May 2017. You will no longer be able to edit your ad settings and ad units directly through the AdSense Plugin. Your existing ad units will keep showing ads but you won’t be able to make any changes.Recommended actionFor a better user experience on your site and to be able to make changes to your ad units, they recommend you follow these
- Back up your WordPress site
- Deactivate the official AdSense Plugin for WordPress (and remove existing AdSense ads)
- Choose one of the options below to continue showing AdSense ads: Option 1: Show ads with QuickStartLet AdSense place ads on your site automatically by connecting your site with a simple code snippet, “page-level ad code”. Once you put this code on your page, you only need to flick a switch in AdSense and ads will start to appear automatically.You’ll need to use another WordPress plugin to edit the <head> section of your WordPress site template. Option 2: Show custom AdSense adsCreate and place your own ad units by inserting ad units through the WordPress widgets.To do this, you’ll need to create text widgetsin WordPress and copy and paste your ad unit codes into these widgets.
- Make sure your site stays compliant with the AdSense ad placement policies.
- Remove the official AdSense plugin completely.
- Optional: To keep using the Google Search Console, make sure you verify your site.